Time for another devlog update on BeatCleaver 1.4!
I’ve made huge progress since the last update (about a month ago), and 1.4 is now more or less feature-complete:
Some of the new changes coming in BeatCleaver 1.4 that are covered in this video are:
- Automatic BPM detection
- Slice to MIDI
- Tempo and pitch controls integrated into the main window
- New icons and new graphics for the transport and loop bars.
- Cut/Copy/Paste in Edit Mode
- Delete and Trim in Edit Mode
- New shift and ctrl-click shortcuts to slice and trigger playback in the slicer view.
This video ended up being a bit longer than I would have liked, but it covers twice the development time that the previous ones did, and you can tell how excited I was this time around. (I had to bust out the volume normalization when post-processing the video to keep myself under control.)
I’m working on fixing up bugs still, but there may be a public beta for this release because since so much has changed, I’m getting the sneaky suspicion that there’s probably tons of bugs I haven’t found yet. Keep an eye on Twitter, Facebook, and the blog here for more info!